FSU-Kislak forum in Orlando covered residential market conditions
Florida State University’s top real estate students received an insider’s view at the 2020 FSU-Kislak Real Estate Market Strategies – An Orlando Executive Forum. The annual, invitation-only event, hosted this year at The Alfond Inn, in February brought real estate professionals together, including industry executives and decision-makers, to discuss market conditions, vet strategies and identify emerging opportunities.
Featured panelists Bryan Borland (BS Economics ’05), managing director of Wood Partners, Shawn McIntyre, managing partner of North American Properties, Mark Metheny (BS Accounting ’96), Tampa division president of Lennar Homes, and Frank Nothaft, executive and chief economist at CoreLogic, engaged the audience in a discussion focused on residential market conditions, strategies and opportunities. Moderating the forum was John Crossman (BS Real Estate ’93), owner of Crossman Career Builders.
While in Orlando for the forum, students coordinated a full schedule of corporate tours of Foundry Commercial, JLL, Timber Resorts and Publix’s corporate office. They also participated in an interactive case on a Publix anchored shopping center with each student contributing by providing a cap rate and purchase price. Their informative trip ended with a round-table discussion educating them on the different aspects of Publix real estate.
- The Kislak Family Foundations, Inc.
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Alexander Investments International Inc.
- Cushman & Wakefield
- The Mortgage Firm, Inc.
- Ares Management LLC
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Avison Young
- Franklin Street
- Student Housing Partners, LLC
- Tropical Valuation Advisory
- Capital Management
- Donna Abood
- Bob & Darby Hold
- Beth Azor
- Evan D. Jennings
- Kenneth Bacheller
- The Kislak Family Foundation, Inc.
- Mark C. Bane Brett & Cindy Lindquist
- Harold & Barbara Chastain
- William & Stephanie Lloyd
- Marshall Cohn
- Shawn McIntyre/North American Properties
- Peter & Jennifer Collins
- Greg Michaud
- John Crossman/Crossman Career Builders
- Kyle Mowitz and Justin Mowitz
- Scott & Marion Darling
- Francis Nardozza
- Florida State Real Estate Network, Inc.
- Kyle D. Riva
- Mark & Nan Hillis
The forum was organized with generous assistance from:
- David Gabbai, Colliers International
- Brett Lindquist, The Mortgage Firm, Inc.
- Greg Morrison, Avison Young
- Lee Nelson, Shutts & Bowen LLP
- John Mark Ramsey, Sentio.